Monday, May 18, 2009

Not Me Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Well, it has been a week since my last theraputic Not Me Monday confession...so, settle in and read about what I haven't been up to this week!

I did not show Cayden my tattoo while he was coloring with his markers, most certainly giving him the idea to create his own tattoo. He makes the cutest airplanes (that look like little crosses) I didn’t encourage him to be creative and let him make leg, arm and tummy tattoos whereby annoying the crap out of Papa, because it drives him insane when the boys use the markers on paper (if it were up to him we would NEVER have bought the markers in the first place), leave alone when they use them to make (the cutest ever) tattoos!!

While I was at work (at my part time job) just a few minutes after the kitchen closed and the grill was turned off, one of my co-workers (from my full time job) came in and asked if he could order a burger. In the spirit of good customer service I told him “SURE”…well, I turned the grill on and threw on the burger and bacon on. After 10 minutes the burger wasn’t getting cooked…nor was the bacon – I realized that the pilot light on the grill wasn’t burning. Well, he’d waited a LONG time for his burger so, to comply with customer satisfaction I wouldn’t have dreamt to put the burger down in the deep fryer for a second or two to get it cooked, and then I wouldn’t dream of throwing it back onto the grill and put cheese on it and then deep fried the bacon & apply to the cheese to get it melty. I would never deep fry a bacon cheeseburger take such measures in the name of customer satisfaction!! (Disclaimer…if he would have hated the burger I wouldn’t have charged him for it – but he loved it…so maybe I’m on to something here?!)

I would never get caught up in a movie causing me to be awake until 5:00 in the morning, when I have to babysit the Cayden & Gabriel at 5:30. Thankfully they fell back to sleep and I was able to get a couple of hours of rest before our day began….I just know that I would never allow myself to stay awake half the night whereby requiring a nap in the afternoon with the boys!

I wouldn’t have gotten dressed in my long underwear, three shirts, all of my leather (chaps, coat & boots) putting on my bandana and tying up my hoodie to ride (on the back) of my bike and travel 40 miles to a church service and a blessing of the bikes in 45 degree frigid air – risking pneumonia for the sake of the bike blessing, man…it was super cold!!

None of that stuff happens in “real life” – for sure not to me…

Until next time...
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment